For those of you who find themselves lost in their inbox....... Here is a tip that illustrates an idea you can think about and adopt to fit your needs.
Create the following new distribution lists (In Office 2003: File -> New -> Distribution List):
1. Fellow colleges from my organization – this will contain all the emails of the employees in the company you work for
2. Suppliers – A list of all the suppliers that you are in contact with
Create the following new folders under your mailbox (In Office 2003: File -> New -> Folder):
1. Inbox – from my company to me
2. Inbox – from my company in cc
3. Inbox – from my suppliers
4. Inbox – from someone else in my address book
5. Inbox – from an unknown address
Now create some rules to spread all incoming emails among these folders.
In Office 2003 – from the main menu, under : Tools –> Rules and Alerts:
Create a new rule
Choose the first template : Move messages from someone to a folder
Step 1: Next – mark from people or distribution list
Step 2: Click on the links below and choose the list and the target folder
You can mark "Where my name is in the Cc box" or "Where my name is in the To box".
Now you can start viewing and dealing with your inbox not just in chronological order – but according to an order that best fits your priorities.
Good luck !
This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/03/2009 04:47:42