Service Desk Settings
Due date rules will automatically assign due dates to your service records. Any service record that matches all of the requirements in one of your due date rules will automatically receive the due date you specify.
You can use the agreement dropdown filter to view due date rules for all agreements or for only one agreement.
Calculation of due dates
The calculation of due dates is based on the operating times of the specific agreement or company of the request user. If, for example, a ticket is submitted with a due period of 6 hours, but there are only 3 hours of operating time left in the day, then the due date will be 3 hours after the start of the next operating day.
Calculate due dates only on new incidents: If this box is checked, due date rules will only be applied at the creation of new service records. If this box is unchecked, due date rules will be applied any time a service record is changed so that it matches one of your due date rules. Make sure to click Save after checking or unchecking this box.
Creating and editing due date rules
To create a new due date rule:
- Select whether the rule will be enabled or not using the checkbox. If a rule is disabled, it will have no effect.
- Select the trigger for the rule. You can use any combination of agreement, category, urgency, priority, and company.
- Enter a due period in hours.
- Click Add at the end of the row.
To modify a rule:
- Click the modify icon . The line you are modifying will become active, allowing you to make changes, and the icons will change to Save and Cancel.
- Make any necessary changes. To save the changes, press Save. To discard changes without saving, press Cancel.
To delete a rule, click the delete icon . Please note that there is no delete confirmation, so make sure you are sure you are certain you are deleting the correct line.