This page allows you to easily import a list of assets from a .csv file. You can also update existing assets by reimporting them with updated information.
To import a list of assets:
- Create a .csv file with the assets you would like to import. You can easily create a .csv file using Microsoft Excel (save as CSV). Columns in the .csv are fields to import for each asset, and rows in the .csv are the individual assets. See the image below for an example.
A .csv file ready for import into SysAid
- Select the .csv you've created using the Choose File button.
- If your .csv has column headers (like in the picture above) check the box Do not import the head line.
- Select the number of fields to import. The number of fields is equal to the number of columns in your .csv file. If you update the number of fields to import, click the Save Fields button.
- Select each field you are importing in the Field content column. The Field content in Position 1 is the leftmost column in your .csv. When you are finished, click the Save Fields button.
Important: If you would like to update an existing asset, the Asset ID of that asset should be imported, along with the fields to be changed. If you do not import an Asset ID that already exists in SysAid, SysAid will create a new asset instead of updating an existing one.
- If you select any date fields, specify the date format in the Format column. You can use either European (dd/mm/yyyy) or US date formats (mm/dd/yyyy).
- Click Submit to import your assets.
You can verify that your assets were correctly imported and/or updated from Asset Management --> Asset List.