This is the Help Desk list. This list allows you to filter and view the different service records that are registered in your helpdesk. You can also create new service records here. To open an existing service record, click on it's row.
In SysAid Full Edition, this list shows Incidents, Changes, Problems, and requests.
Note: You may change the width of any column by clicking and dragging at the right edge of that column's header.
For general instructions for using list pages in SysAid, see Using SysAid Lists.
Service Desk list options
The following list options are specific to the Service Desk lists:
- Date Search
- Click to further filter by date range, either for the Request time or for the Modify time. After you select the time type and date range, click in the search box.
- Click to show a Gantt chart with due dates of your service records.
- SR Weight
- When this functionality is enabled, and a button appears on the top of the SR list, allowing you to push all of your weighted SRs to the top of the list, sorted in descending order. The button toggles between the Active and Inactive positions, indicating whether the weighted SRs are sorted separately or not.
| || |
| || || |
Note: If you do not have any weighted SRs this button does not appear, even if it has been enabled in Service Desk settings.
To push all weighted SRs to the top of your list, click . The button changes to the On position.
To sort the weighted SRs according to the same sorting criteria as the other SRs in your list, click . The button changes to the Off position.
Note: If you activate the float weighted SR function, all weighted SRs are displayed irrespective of any filters you may have applied.
Create a new service record
To create a new service record, click . This opens a new incident in the SR form. For further instructions, see SR Form. If you would like to create a new change, problem, or request, go to Service Desk > Help Desk > Changes, or Service Desk > Help Desk > Problems, or Service Desk > Help Desk > Requests.
Unique reference number
Each SR, whether of type incident, change, problem, or request, includes a unique reference number. This number is never reused, even by a different SR type. For example, if you create new incident #15 and immediately afterwards create a new problem, the problem receives #16.
There are a number of actions you can perform on your service records right from the list. To open the SR actions list, select one or more service records using their corresponding check boxes at the left end of each row. This opens the SR actions list:
- Click here to view the service records you've selected. The SR form will open to the first SR you've highlighted, and the Previous/Next SR arrow buttons at the top of the form will allow you to cycle through the rest of the SRs you've selected. (By contrast, if you click on a single service record from the list, the previous/next arrow buttons will move through all SRs in the list.)
- Delete the selected service records. You must have the correct permissions in order to delete service records.
- Export the selected SRs to .pdf. You can then easily print them.
- Export the selected SRs to .csv. You can then print them, or use the data for further calculations.
- Status, Assigned to, Priority
- Select a Status, Assigned to administrator, or Priority from one or more of these drop-down lists, and then click Set. The appropriate field(s) will then be updated for all of the service records you've selected. For example, select three SRs, choose David from the Assigned to list, and then click Set. These three SRs are now assigned to David.
- More Actions
- Click More Actions to open a window with the following SR options: Urgency, Archive, Convert*, SR Custom List 1, SR Custom List 2, and Weight. Select one of these options, and then choose the desired value from the adjoining drop-down list. Click Save to update each of the selected SRs with the new value.
* The option to convert service records from incidents to requests and from requests to incidents is only visible if it is enabled in the Service Desk settings.
Adding hidden columns to the list
SysAid allows you to add hidden columns to the Help Desk list that you can easily view with the click of a button. This is useful if you have certain fields that you might need to see only occasionaly, such as Source or Reopen counter.
To add hidden columns to the list:
- Click . This opens the Customize list screen.
- Move the field === Hide/Show Divider ==== from Available Columns to Visible Columns.
- Position the divider in your desired location. All fields above the divider are hidden. All fields below are visible.
For more information about customizing lists, go here.
- Click Save. This closes the Customize list screen and updates your view.
After adding the divider to the list, you can click the > button to show the hidden fields. You can click the < button to hide these fields again.
Show/Hide hidden columns
Important: If you are filtering or sorting by hidden columns, the filters and sort are still in effect even when the columns are hidden.
Predefined list views
The SysAid Help Desk Incident list includes several predefined views that correspond to lists in other SysAid locations (note that these views do not appear from Service Desk > Help Desk > All):
- This view shows only SRs that have been archived. Note that unlike the other predefined list views, this view doesn't correspond to any other SysAid lists.
- Asset Dashboard
- Controls the Incident, Request, Change, and Problem tabs in the asset details section of the Asset Management Dashboard.
- Controls the Service History list on the End-User Portal.
- Controls the Supervised Users' SRs list on the End-User Portal.
- Controls the Service Desk list and advanced SR filter for the SysAid Mobile App.