Here you can set your account defaults regarding language, time zone, date input style, and more.
- Select the language to be used for all new users created in SysAid. Updating this selection does not change the language for users that already exist in SysAid.
- Available Languages
- Each user in SysAid can select the language in which they would like to view SysAid. However, users can only select languages that you enable from this list. In SysAid Pro Edition, you can select two languages from this list, one of which must be English (United States). In Enterprise Edition, you may select as many or as few languages as you like. Use the ellipses button to open the list.
- Use the default language for automatic notifications:
- If this option is checked, any time an automatic notification searches the translation file for a referenced key, it will use the translation file for the default language instead of the translation file for the language of the user receiving the notification.
- Use the translation file for customize lists
- If you intend to translate lists you've built under Customize --> Lists, you must check this box. Go here for more information about translating lists.
- Time Zone
- Select the time zone to be used for all new users created in SysAid. Updating this selection does not change the time zone for users that already exist in SysAid. The Time Zone setting affects timestamps anywhere that they appear within SysAid.
- Date Input Style
- Choose American or European. Date Input Style determines whether dates that you input by typing will be interpreted as Month-Day-Year (American), or Day-Month-Year (European). It also determines whether activity times on service records and on tasks will appear in 12 hour (American) or 24 hour (European) clock format.
- Case insensitive login names
- This is for the main SysAid login. If this is checked, a user with username SysAid could login using sysaid or SYSAID. If unchecked, only SysAid would work.
- Use Online Help Pages
- SysAid Online Aid, accessed using the question mark icon located in the top right corner of the screen, is stored in two locations: locally on the SysAid server and online in the SysAid Community. The local help files are updated each time you upgrade SysAid to the newest release. The online help files, on the other hand, are updated on an ongoing basis. Therefore, as long as you have access to the internet from the SysAid Server, it's recommended to use the online help pages.
- Import KB articles from Community
- SysAid allows you to import KB articles written by your fellow SysAiders that have been posted to the SysAid community. Click this button to open the Knowledge Base forum in the SysAid community where you can easily import KB articles into your SysAid. For more information about importing KB articles, please go here.
- Mail Domain
- This option is no longer in use.
- There is no reason to change this unless directed to by SysAid Support.
- Organization name
- Organization name is available as a variable in the automatic notifications SysAid sends out.
- Require the Admin to add a note when the settings are changed.
- The notes that the administrator adds are stored in the event log under Preferences --> Event Logs.
- Enable IT Benchmark
- This allows you to enable or disable IT Benchmarks. You can also choose your industry for more accurate aggregation and display of statistics. You may access IT Benchmarks from Service Desk --> IT Benchmarks.