Edit Knowledge Base Article
This page allows you to view and edit Knowledge Base articles.
If you make changes to this page, be sure to click OK/Apply to save them.
Creating a new Knowledge Base article
To create a new Knowledge Base article, fill out the following fields and then click OK/Apply. Fields with an asterisk(*) are mandatory:
- Select the category of the question described in the KB article. Choosing the proper category will make it easier for end users and administrators to find the article when then need it.
- Enter an appropriate title for the KB article. Title is a searchable field.
- Enter the question for the KB article. Question is a searchable field, so be sure to use words that will help end users and administrators locate this article when they need it.
- Enter the answer to the article's question. Answer is a searchable field, so be sure to use words that will help end users and administrators locate this article when they need it.
- To help end users and administrators find this article more easily, you can enter any search keywords here. This article is displayed any time a user searches for one of the words that appears in this field.
- Article Expires
- Check this box and enter a date if you would like the KB article to expire. An expired article does not appear to end users in the End User Portal. Administrators, however, can still see it.
- Publish this article in the End User Portal
- Check this box if you would like this KB article to be visible to end users. KB articles are always visible to administrators.
- Use the Add button to add any relevant attachments to this KB article. End users and administrators can them download them as needed.
Embedding pictures into a Knowledge Base article
You may embed images into the Question or Answer portions of a Knowledge Base article by clicking the Insert/edit image icon . The process is different for images stored on the internet and images stored locally:
Internet images: Enter the Image URL in the following format: http://www.website.com/yourimage.xyz
Local images: Copy the image to the ...\SysAidServer\root\ directory on your SysAid server and for the Image URL simply enter the filename. If you would like to create a new folder such as "Images" under ...\root\ to store your images in, enter the Image URL as Images/yourimage.xyz. Make sure to use a forward slash and not a backslash.
Knowledge Base views counter
Each KB article shows you how many times it's been viewed. There is a corresponding report that shows you the number of views for all Knowledge Base articles, available in the Analyzer or under Manager Portal --> Reports. The report is located under Highest values reports, and is called Most Popular Article.
You can reset the Views counter using the Reset Counter button.
Customizing the mobile FAQ form
You may customize the way an FAQ article appears from a mobile device.
- Click the cogwheel icon on the upper menu bar. This opens the Design Form page.
- From the Tab list, select the Mobile tab.
- To choose which fields appear on the Mobile tab, follow the instructions found here.
The changes you've made are now reflected when viewing an FAQ article from a smartphone, whether from the SysAid Mobile App or from a smartphone web browser.