We have 16 administrator accounts registered on our helpdesk. Only one of them is receiving a 500 Server Error when accessing the system using IE9. We use single sign on so it is passing him right through. I've tested using compatability mode to see if it affected anything. I also see him hitting the server in the IIS log. Not sure why only he sees this error.
Thanks for the response.
The admin tried to access from both a virtual desktop in our Citrix environment and his local machine with the same results. I know it's not a credentials issue because usually you just get an error from the help desk saying "You don't have permissions..." or something like that.
Hopefully it's a case of him having specific IE preferences that he keeps in both his Citrix profile and his local machine profile that are causing some sort of conflict....
He is able to get to it in Firefox, but it prompts him for a username and password. Great for a workaround. I found this odd though becuase I have SSO enabled. To test, I tried hitting the help desk with Chrome and it passed me right through - but Safari prompts me for a username and password. Probably two separate issues either way.
Ideally I would like him to use IE becuase I know SSO works and that's what the rest of the organization uses for work related items. I guess I'll just have to play around with settings on my machine to see if I can replicate the problem.
Ah okay. I didn't realize I had to add it to a trusted site in Firefox. I bet you this guy has a setting that excludes the help desk from a list of trusted sites or something simple like that. It's cool though you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks for your help. I'll post a resolution if I find one.
Unfortunately the user is located out of the country and I don't have remote access to his machine so it's tough to troubleshoot with him.