That worked!! I went through those screens too but I didn't see the name that I wanted to remove on it.
Basically the "Default value" for Assigned To was empty because I guess the default value was no longer a valid one.
I typed in "none" and saved the design form which did it.
TechTJ wrote:If I understand you correctly, open the page that you use to submit your requests.
Click on the Cog (Gear looking button) found at the top of the SysAid menu and that will open the design form window.
Look through the "Available fields" column or the "Visible fields" column for the Assigned To field.
Highlight the "Assigned To" field (should turn blue when highlighted)
You will see a value in the Default value: box. That is maybe where you have that defined.
You can change that value to none
If that is not what you are looking for, check and see if there are any Escalation rules or Routing rules set up under the Service Desk Settings that automatically assign service requests.
Hopefully that helps.