SysAid MDM User Guide for iOS
Table of Contents
SysAid Mobile Device Management (MDM) helps your IT administrators to manage your company's mobile devices (smartphones, tablets), and in some cases employee owned devices as well.
SysAid MDM gives your IT administrator the following management capabilities for your mobile device:
- Enforce device passcode: your administrator can require you to create a passcode for your mobile device
- Wipe device: in the event that your mobile device is lost or stolen, your administrator can delete all data and restore the device to factory default settings
SysAid MDM can help you, the end user, in the following ways:
- Automatically connect your mobile device to company Wi-Fi networks
- Automatically import company e-mail settings so that you can use your company e-mail from your mobile device
- Your administrator can reset your mobile device passcode in case you've forgotten it
This guide walks you through the process of enrolling your iOS mobile device in SysAid MDM, as well as walking you through the process of unenrolling your mobile device, should the need arise.
Enrolling your iOS Mobile Device in SysAid MDM
In order to start using SysAid MDM, you must first enroll your mobile device—a quick and easy process that takes about two minutes to complete.
There are three steps to enrolling your device: authentication, accepting terms, and downloading/installing the management profile.
To enroll your iOS mobile device in SysAid MDM:
- Your IT administrator should have sent you an email or SMS notification with enrollment instructions for SysAid MDM. Open this email now on your mobile device.
- Follow the link to https://mdm.sysaid.com. The following page displays:
Note: If you receive an error message that SysAid MDM is disabled, you will not be able to continue the enrollment process for your iOS device. Please notify your IT administrator, who will enable SysAid MDM.
- Enter your SysAid username and password. If you don't know your username, you can find it in the enrollment request email.
- In this step, you must agree to the End-User License Agreement.
Read through it and click Continue. You are prompted to accept the terms and conditions.
Click OK to continue.
Note: If you do not agree with the terms, you cannot proceed with the enrollment process.
- Now you must download and install the SysAid MDM profile.
Click Continue to start the process.
- The iOS Install Profile screen opens.
Click Install to continue. This opens a confirmation box.
Click Install Now to install the profile. This leads to a series of installation screens as SysAid installs the profile.
- After a moment, you will see another screen "warning" you that SysAid MDM will be managing your device.
Click Install to continue. Please wait as SysAid installs the profile.
- After the installation completes, you should see a verification message that the enrollment succeeded.
Click Done to finish and close the iOS Settings app.
Your device is now enrolled!
Unenrolling your iOS Mobile Device from SysAid MDM
Your IT administrator can unenroll you from SysAid MDM at any time. However, there may be instances where you need to manually unenroll, such as if you end your employment at the company.
IMPORTANT: Do not unenroll from SysAid MDM without first notifying your IT administrator!
To unenroll your iOS device from SysAid MDM:
- On your iOS mobile device, go to Settings --> General --> Profiles, and select the SysAid MDM Profile.
- Click Remove to remove the SysAid MDM profile from your mobile device.
You will need to click Remove again when prompted.
This removes all settings that were assigned by SysAid MDM from your mobile device.
You have now completed the unenrollment process for your mobile device. If you ever need to renenroll in the future, you can use the enrollment instructions found at the beginning of this guide.
Have Any Questions?
If you have any questions regarding enrollment, unenrollment, or the capabilities of SysAid MDM, please contact your IT administrator.