New Dropdown Filter
If you have added new custom list fields from customized entities, you may want to filter your lists (e.g. asset list) by this new field. SysAid allows you to add a dropdown filter to the list view for just this purpose.
Adding a new dropdown filter
To add a new dropdown filter to one of your lists:
- Open the list view to which you would like to add the dropdown filter.
- Click the cogwheel icon . This opens the Customize List page.
- Click the Add button next to the list of filter menus. This opens the Customize Filter page.
Steps 4 - 7 refer to the picture below.
- Give your new dropdown filter a name.
- From the Field Name list, choose the name of the field that you would like to filter by. (Skip this step if the list is for projects or tasks.)
- Under List field, enter the database name of the new field. The database name is found under Customize --> Entities.
- Under Lookup table, replace "field_name" with the database name of the new field. This is the same name as in step 5. Do not remove the single quotation marks.
Example: cust_values where list_name = 'asset_cust_testtwenty'
- Click Close to return to the Customize List page.
- Click Save to save your new filter. For additional filter management options, please see Customize Lists.
Important: Please consult with support before changing any other fields on this page. If you enter an invalid value, you could corrupt the filter view and render your list unusable.