End User Portal
Change Your Settings
In this page you can set your preferences as an end user in SysAid.
Following is a list of fields on this page and an explanation of each field. Make sure to click Submit after making any changes. You may not be able to change all fields on this page.
Fields on the Change Your Settings page
- First Name and Last Name
- Enter your first name and last name so that administrators will be able to identify you.
- Display Name
- Depending upon the settings your IT administrator has chosen, your IT team might see your display name instead of your username. Enter a display name of your choice. If you have a nickname you use, this is the place to put it in.
- Change your password periodically. Choose a password at least six characters long and difficult to guess.
- Confirm Password
- Retype the same password in the Confirm Password field.
- Put in your primary e-mail address here. This is what helpdesk technicians will use to contact you.
- Secondary Email
- This is the e-mail address at which you will receive your new password if you ever use the Reset Password Wizard. Note that your IT team may choose to send you your password by SMS instead, or even allow you to enter your new password while using the wizard.
- This is your desk phone, or any other appropriate number where you can be reached.
- Text Message
- There may be times when your IT team sends you a text message update. In order to receive these text messages, you must enter your mobile phone number in the following format: country code, area code, and individual number. Do not use spaces or punctuation. For example, if your number is (617) 555-1212 in the USA, type 16175551212.
- Chat Nickname
- Insert here the nickname you wish to have in the SysAid chat module. Your IT administrators will see the name you choose here when you chat with them.
- Set your language preferences, and also determine conventions such as keyboard characters that may differ from place to place (for example, the currency symbol).
- Time Zone
- Adjusts the display so that the clock, which belongs to the SysAid server, shows your local time.
- Date Input Style
- Determines whether dates that you input by typing will be interpreted as Month-Day-Year (American), or Day-Month-Year (European). Also determines whether activity times on service records and on tasks will appear in 12 hour (American) or 24 hour (European) clock format.
- Receive Automatic SR Email Notifications
- You can choose whether you wish to receive automatic service record notifications from SysAid. Choosing No will disable these notifications. Keep in mind that these notifications update you as progress is made on your service record.
- Security Questions for Password Services
- See below.
Enrolling for Password Self Service
If your IT administrator has enabled the Password Self Service module, you will be able to reset your own password if you forget it or unlock your account if you are locked out. In order to do this, you must first provide answers to security questions. (If you do not see the questions, then Password Self Service is not enabled.)
Select your security questions and then provide answers
Select your questions from the list and then answer them in the space provided. Be sure to choose answers you'll remember. Some questions may be mandatory, in which case you must answer them. When you are done, press Submit. You will be prompted to retype your password. Do so and then click Save.
If you ever need to reset your password or unlock your account in the future, you can use the Password Self Service Wizards, accessible from the main page of the End User Portal.