A reminder is a notification that's launched in advance of the date recorded in any date field. This page allows you to set reminders for the various date fields in SysAid. For example, a Warranty Expiration reminder could be launched 14 days in advance of the date recorded in the Warranty Expiration field.
Reminder notifications can send e-mails, send SMSes, and/or open service records.
To add a new reminder:
- From the Notification tab, create the notification that you need. Instructions for doing this can be found here.
- In the Reminder Date column, choose the date field that triggers the reminder.
- In the Notification column, choose the notification to be sent. You created this notification in step 1.
- Choose how many days in advance the notification will be sent. For example, if the date field has the date 10 August and you pick 7 days in advance, the notification will be sent on 3 August.
- In the Alert Time field, choose the hour of the day when the notification will be sent.
- (Optional) Click the ellipses button to open the expression builder. This allows you to create any relevant filter for your reminder. For example, you could create a filter for the Warranty Expiration reminder that specifies that the notification will only be sent if the asset is not disabled.
- Click Add to add your new reminder.