Email rules do not work for emails with history

Author
Message
SysAider
6

Hi all,

Not sure if the problem has been reported before.

I noticed that if somebody sends an email with email thread history default email rule (with filter = any text) applies no matter what key words are in subject or body.

It is quite annoying as cases are automatically assigned to wrong admins.

Regards
Anna

SysAid Community Manager Product Team
4490

Hi aermina,

1. When you refer to email history - do you mean an email conversation that you forward to SysAid, or a ticket inside SysAid that already has correspondence and a new email is added to it?
2. If the first - does this only occur with emails that have previous correspondence?
3. Could you please send us a screenshot of your email rules? We would like to investigate this.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider
6

Hi Danny,

We are using Microsoft Exchange 2013 with Outlook 2013 email client.

The issue occurs even if the key words are in a subject line.

Regards
Anna

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May. 07, 2015 09:39 PM

SysAid Community Manager Product Team
4490

Hi Anna,

Thanks for the screenshot. Could you please answer my first two questions?

If related - Email rules only apply to newly created tickets. There is an open Feature Request for them to also be applied to existing tickets - #14678.

Thanks,
Danny
SysAider
6

Hi Danny,

I understand that these rules apply to new emails only.
It's not the case.

Rules works for emails without history, like this one (VPN email rule is applied):

But not for this one (Default email rule is applied):

Cheers
Anna

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May. 07, 2015 09:43 PM

SysAid Community Manager Product Team
4490

Hi Ana,

What I meant is - if the email is creating a new Service Record, the email rules will be applied to it. If this is a continuation to an existing Service Record, then the email rules will be ignored.

What I'm trying to understand is whether the email rules are ignored when you create a new Service Record by replying or forwarding an existing internal conversation, or if they are being ignored when continuing an existing ticket.

If it's the first one, then can you let me know how emails with history enter SysAid? Is it by forwarding the email? I tried recreating the scenario by forwarding an existing conversation to SysAid-integrated email, but the rules were applied successfully.

Thanks,
Danny

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May. 10, 2015 04:46 AM

SysAider
6

Hi Danny,

The emails were simply sent to the Sysaid email address and two SRs were created.

History of the first SR

Email notification for the first SR

History of the second SR

Email notification for the second SR

I suspect that Outlook stores some metadata in the following lines of the email which causes the trouble: