New SysAid iPad App
Getting IT Moving
New Features in SysAid 15.1.60 (Cloud)
Enhancements to Action Item Dependencies
Action Item automatic dependencies are now more flexible, with the ability to append values in action item fields onto existing values and to push data from action items into previous action items as well as into the Details tab.
Categories by Group
Admins can now limit a category's visibility in the End-User Portal to specific user groups.
SysAid 15.1.50 Highlights (Cloud)
Third-Party Integrations Page
A new page in SysAid details the available third-party integrations, and allows admins to request new integrations with SysAid.
More Flexible Agent Settings
Agent settings can now be updated simultaneously for multiple assets without uninstalling and reinstalling the agents.
Unique Value for Asset and CI Fields
Admins can now set certain fields (such as Name and Serial number) in Asset and CI records to require unique values.
SysAid 15.1.30 Highlights (Cloud)
Retrieve Agent Logs
Admins can now download the Agent logs for an asset to assist in troubleshooting agent-related issues.
SysAid 15.1.2 Highlights (Cloud)
New Animated Summary
IT Administrators can display key IT stats in a short, entertaining, and shareable animated video.
Dedicated Bounce Message Notification
Admins can set a specific automatic monitoring notification to be sent when SysAid receives a bounce message (NDR).
Enhanced Custom Columns Functionality
Admins can now filter their list by custom columns and include those columns in PDF and CSV exports.
SysAid 14.4 Highlights
Emails Displayed in their Original HTML Format
New email messages are now displayed in their original HTML formatting (as opposed to plain text). These emails can also be displayed in the new SR Source Email field right in the SR form.
Improved Categories Page
The Categories settings page has been rebuilt and now includes:
- A better user interface with familiar list and form functionalities
- An easier mechanism for updating categories
- The ability to operate on multiple categories simultaneously
- A lighter structure for enhanced performance
Additional Email Integration Settings
When this feature is enabled, SysAid automatically adds email addresses CC'd on emails regarding an SR to the SR's CC field.
In order to avoid an email loop, admins can also enter email addresses that SysAid should never send an email to.
Weighted Service Record Functionality
IT team leaders can use the new SR Weight field to override any filter set by IT personnel and determine the order SRs are handled in according to true business priority.
New SysAid iPad App Launched
IT admins can now resolve incidents and update service records on the go. They can also communicate with end users via email within the tickets while using the app. The Sysaid iPad app interface has been specifically designed for the iPad to provide an intuitive user experience.
SysAid 14.3 Highlights
New RDS Inactivity Alert
SysAid automatically activates an alert if the RDS (Remote Discovery Service) becomes unresponsive for a predetermined amount of time. Admins can now download updated logs for selected RDS nodes.
SR Duplication Extended
The ability to Duplicate an SR has been extended to changes, problems and requests, in addition to incidents.
More Flexible Category Driven Templates
A new “Don't Change” option was added for Category Driven Templates. This enables you to set up categories not to change the template of an SR when the category is selected.
Knowledge Base Suggestions Now Available for Admins
The option for Knowledge Base suggestions in the submit SR form can now be configured for admins, in addition to end users.
SysAid 14.1 Highlights
Patch Management Capabilities
SysAid Patch Management is a customizable, comprehensive solution to keep your Windows-based servers and workstations up-to-date with the latest security patches and software updates. Patch Management is fully integrated into your SysAid Asset Management; all you need is additional Patch Management licenses for the assets you want to manage.
Automatic Database Migration from Derby to Microsoft SQL
In 9.1 we replaced our default database from Derby to Microsoft SQL Express for all new installations and announced that the second stage will be migrating existing installations from Derby to MS SQL and ending our support for Derby.
If your SysAid is using the default built-in Derby database (you can see this under the About page in the product) then the upgrade package will take care of automatically installing and migrating your Derby database to MS SQL.
Please note that the migration time may vary from several minutes to several hours depending on your Server hardware configuration and your database size, so consider this expected downtime when planning to upgrade, either overnight, or over the weekend.
Set up business rules on incoming emails to parse the subject / body / sender of incoming emails and set field values in the service records, based on the rules you set up.
*Available in Cloud Edition since 9.1.1
Reopen Tickets by End Users
End users have the option to reopen closed service records via the End-User Portal or via a link in the email notification.
*Available in Cloud Edition since 9.1.1
Learn more about our new version numbering system here.
- Control what status to set for closed service records that receive email responses from users to prevent tickets from reopening.
- Use the End-User Portal in Guest Mode.
Step 1: On-Premise Upgrade to SysAid 14.4
- SysAid version 7.5 or higher is needed in order to upgrade to SysAid 14.4. If you are running Derby database, you must first migrate your data to the embedded MS SQL Express database (read more...).
- To start using SysAid MDM capabilities, you must be running Tomcat 7 or above.
- The 64-bit Windows upgrade can only be used if your initial SysAid installation was 64-bit. If you are not sure, you can try installing the 64-bit upgrade, and you will be prompted if it is incorrect. In that case, simply install the 32-bit upgrade.
- SysAid Release 9.0 and higher for Linux/Unix/Mac requires SUN Java 1.7 or higher and Tomcat 7 to be installed on the SysAid Server.
- SysAid's new Patch Management capabilities require the latest version of SysAid Agents to be running and also the latest version of the RDS to be installed.
- The embedded MSSQL Express database (if used) requires Microsoft Installer 4.5. It is included with Windows Vista SP2 or above, or Windows Server 2008 SP2 or above. Anything below that requires manually upgrading to Microsoft Installer 4.5 or above.
Step 2: If you are using RDS, upgrade to the latest version