SysAid Problem Management
SysAid’s problem management capabilities allow you to systemize the problem management workflow processes needed for dealing with both simple problems and the complex problems that require cooperation and collaboration across multiple IT teams.
SysAid ITSM’s ITIL-aligned problem management software and its capabilities will help you to minimize the adverse effect of incidents and problems caused by errors in the IT infrastructure and systems, and to proactively prevent the occurrence of incidents, problems, and errors — where ITIL is the IT service management (ITSM) best practice framework formerly known as the IT Infrastructure Library.
- Preventing problems and the resulting incidents from happening
- Eliminating recurring incidents
- Minimizing the business impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
To make your life easier, with SysAid ITSM problems can be linked to multiple incidents, with automated communications sent to affected end users upon problem activity progress and then resolution.
If ITIL’s problem management best practice isn’t right for you and your organization, then with SysAid ITSM, it’s easy to configure the out-of-the-box problem management process to meet your exact needs.
Could ITIL best practices enhance your organization?LET ME FIND OUT
An Integrated Approach for Effective Problem Management
- Create a problem record from within one or more incident records
- Easily add incidents to problem records from within the incident or problem form
- Link assets, configuration items, tasks, projects, FAQs, changes, and other problems to the problem
- Access the CMDB for effective analysis of root causes and business impact
Create and Customize Problem Management Workflow Templates
As most organizations have their own unique set of problem management requirements, SysAid ITSM allows you to build an unlimited number of problem management templates to suit any scenario. Custom workflow processes can be created from scratch, or customized from existing templates, to ensure that all the activities involved in your organization’s problem management process are accurately reflected. So if you have recurring application errors you can just create a specific template that instructs problem management and other IT staff which potential causes to investigate first in the hope of quickly finding the root cause and effecting a resolution.
Built-In Templates for Basic and Advanced Problems
- Identify the root cause, or causes, of problems
- Assess the resources required to resolve problems (such as manpower, time, and costs)
- Evaluate the risks associated with both a problem and problem resolution (such as complexity, urgency, downtime, and potential impact)
- Calculate the ROI and added value of resolving problems
- Evaluate the relative success of problem management activities in investigating and resolving problems
Problem Management Notifications and a Full Audit Trail
- Set automatic notifications of problem statuses and significant changes to be sent to involved parties as per your organization’s agreed communication points in the problem management process
- If needed, access detailed problem descriptions and a historical log of all activities and changes for any number of problem records
Group Incidents and Attach Them to a Problem Record
With SysAid Problem Management, it’s easy to identify similar or recurring incidents as problems. This can improve incident visibility and facilitate the investigation of the problem’s root cause. To make the life of service desk agents easier, as soon as problem management staff resolve and close a problem, all the attached incidents are automatically updated and closed as well, with communication to the affected end users as needed.
Knowledge Base of Known Errors and Known Problems
Reuse previously gained knowledge by maintaining a knowledge base of previous problems and their root causes. Provide workarounds to the service desk for the fast and efficient resolution of unresolved problems.