Chat Capabilities for IT Support Personnel
- Initiate and respond to chat conversations with end users
- View end user’s name, computer name, service history, email, IP address, and more during the chat
- Perform a remote control session directly from the SysAid Chat console
- Save the chat conversation within the ticket
- Send and receive files via the chat conversation
- SysAid Chat is part of both SysAid Help Desk and SysAid ITSM
Manage Multiple Chat Conversations
View all end users, who have initiated a chat, in a queue and view which IT administrator is chatting with which end user. You can also choose from customizable text templates to quickly send a standard response during the chat. When administrators aren’t available online, end users can also open SysAid Chat to leave a message.
Create Different Queues to Direct Chats to the Most Appropriate IT Personnel
Use distinct chat queues for different support issues—or even for different departments in your organization. Every chat request can then be directed to the queue, and the IT personnel, that can most effectively resolve their issue. Also embed chat icons in your website, or internal portal, which will direct chat conversations to the appropriate queue. Where needed, easily transfer end users from one chat queue to another.
Don't Lose a Chat when You Are Offline
If you are offline, the SysAid Chat icon automatically changes to an offline image and your end users are invited to leave a message that is converted into a ticket.
For End Users: Immediate Access to Technical Support
Because SysAid Chat is part of SysAid’s 100% web-based platform, all your end users need is an Internet connection and web browser to initiate a chat with IT support personnel. Thus, end users can start a conversation via the channel that is most convenient for them:
- A chat icon in the Self-Service Portal
- Chat icons embedded throughout your website or internal portal
- Chat icons embedded in emails