Frequently Asked Questions
- Basic Edition
- Full Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- On-Premise: You install SysAid on your own server.
- Cloud: SysAid is installed on our server and you access it over the Internet (SaaS).
There are two types of supervisors:
Company Supervisor (Full/Enterprise Edition only): This end user can view service records submitted by all end users in his/her company.
Department Supervisor: This end user can view service records submitted by all end users in his/her department.
- The number of administrators and assets that you need
- Which additional modules you need
- Whether you choose SysAid Basic, Full, or Enterprise Edition
- Whether you choose SysAid On-Premisee or Cloud as your delivery platform
Please contact SysAid Sales for a full quote.
- Add licenses at any time to keep up with the growing size of your organization.
- Add new modules when you reach the point where you need them.
- Through LDAP integration, which also gives you the ability to import and map the various fields in your LDAP
- By importing from a .csv file (Excel)
- Through the API (Full and Enterprise Editions only)
Administrators can also create service records for end users.
- SysAid Help Desk
- SysAid Asset Management
- Highest values (e.g. end user who submits the most service records)
- Tasks and Projects
- *Computers can be imported by deploying the SysAid Agent or by performing a WMI scan
- *SNMP devices can be imported by performing an SNMP scan
- *All asset types can be imported from a .csv (Excel) file
- All Microsoft family products
Adobe Systems, Inc.
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Acrobat Pro and Standard
- Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended
- Adobe Air
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Apache OpenOffice.org
Apple Computer, Inc.
- Box BoxSync
- MozyHome Remote Backup
- Foxit Corporation
- Foxit Reader
- Google Chrome
- Google Drive
- Google Earth
- Google Picasa
- Oracle Java Runtime Environment
- Riverbed Technology
- FileZilla Client
- PDF-XChange Viewer
- Yahoo Messenger
Example: Let's say you are using SysAid to manage 1,000 assets, and 600 of them are qualified for Patch Management. If you purchase a Patch Management license for 400 assets, you can select which assets to enable for Patch Management functionality.
As an administrator, you can approach the patch management process from the perspective of the patch or the asset. The patch perspective involves applying a specific patch on multiple assets and observing the behavior of the patch. Alternatively, the asset perspective entails focusing on a single asset or asset group and determining which patches are missing. SysAid Patch Management accommodates both of these approaches and ensures that you can access the relevant data regardless of your preferred perspective.
- Determine which new patches are automatically approved for deployment
- Schedule the timeframe and recurrence patterns for scanning the attached assets for missing patches
- Schedule the timeframe and recurrence patterns for deploying approved patches to the attached assets
- Determine the method to restart the computers after the patches are deployed
- Determine which assets are attached to the policy
- Help Desk
- Asset Management
- Analyzer (Reporting)
- LDAP Integration (not included in Free Edition)
- Email integration
- Remote Control using SysAid RCG (1 concurrent license)
- SysAid Remote Desktop (My Desktop) (1 concurrent license)
The following modules are optional add-ons in the Basic, Full, and Enterprise Editions of SysAid:
- Manager Dashboard
- Tasks & Projects
- CMDB (included in Full and Enterprise Editions)
- Password Services
- Remote Control using SysAid RCG (additional licenses)
- My Desktop (additional licenses)
The following modules are included in the Full and Enterprise Editions of SysAid:
- Change Management
- Problem Management
The Basic Edition Trial includes all optional Basic Edition modules. The Full Edition Trial includes all modules. When your trial period is over, you keep all the modules you've ordered.
- Live chat
- The SysAid Community
- Remote control (as needed)
- A SysAid Certification Course that will help you to become a SysAid expert. This course consists of 8 two-hour sessions.
- A Kickstart Course that guides you through the five initial steps to start using SysAid. This course consists of 2 two-hour sessions.
- Personalized, 1-on-1 training sessions to help you set up SysAid according to your company's exact specifications. This training is offered by our Professional Services Team in one-hour blocks.